How long is a woman's menstrual cycle?
A woman can get pregnant on any day of her monthly cycle. Is this true or false?
When in a cycle is a woman fertile?
During her fertile window, how long can sperm survive in a woman's body after sex?
How long does a woman's egg (ovum) survive after she has ovulated?
How is it possible for sex before ovulation to lead to pregnancy?
Tracking basal body temperature is more accurate than ovulation tests...
Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is different from other home ovulation tests as it detects 2 key fertility hormones. Which hormones are they?
Typically how many fertile days (those days when a woman has an increased chance of getting pregnant) does the Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test detect each month?
How many ovulation tests can tell a woman her 4 most fertile days each cycle?
You've answered 0 correctly
Hmm, maybe we can help you discover more about how to become pregnant? Click here for more information.
Not bad, clearly you've remembered some of the stuff you learnt in your biology lessons! We hope our quiz has helped you to gain a better understanding of how to become pregnant. Want to find out more? Simply click here.
Well done! You obviously have a good understanding of how to become pregnant. We hope you found our quiz enjoyable. Would you like to find out some more about fertility myths, beliefs and foreign traditions? Simply click here.
Why not try the Clearblue ovulation quiz to learn more and bust some myths about fertility and getting pregnant:
- 3 A woman's menstrual cycle is the number of days from the day she starts bleeding until the day before her next period starts. An average menstrual cycle is approximately 28 days, but it is important to remember that this varies from cycle to cycle, and is different for different women.
- 2 There are only a few days during each cycle when a woman can become pregnant.
- 3 A woman can only get pregnant if she has sex during her fertile window, so on the days leading up to and including the day she ovulates, when an egg is released from her ovary. A woman's 2 peak fertility days, when she has the best chance of getting pregnant, are the day before she ovulates, and the day of ovulation itself. However, because sperm can survive for several days, she can also become pregnant if she has sex in the days leading up to this peak fertility.
- 2 It is generally accepted that sperm can survive for up to 5 days in a woman's body during her fertile window. A few days before ovulation, a rise in estrogen encourages a more sperm friendly environment to help their survival.
- 3 It is generally accepted once a woman has ovulated her egg survives for up to 24 hours.
- 2 A rise in estrogen just before ovulation means that a woman's cervical mucus becomes more 'sperm friendly', and sperm can survive for up to 5 days. If she has sex before ovulation this means that sperm may still be present and she can, therefore, get pregnant.
- 2 Ovulation tests are generally around 99% accurate in detecting the LH surge.
- 3 The Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test detects estrogen and LH - both key fertility hormones. Estrogen increases in the days before the LH surge, and promotes a "friendly" environment for sperm to survive. As sperm can survive in her body for up to 5 days, a woman can actually become pregnant from having intercourse in the days leading up to ovulation. Detecting the rise in estrogen indicates a woman is at high fertility and detecting her LH surge indicates she has reached peak fertility. Having intercourse on both high and peak fertility days increases her chances of becoming pregnant.
- 3 The Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test typically detects 4 fertile days each month: 2 days of Peak Fertility - the day of ovulation and the day before, and 2 days of High Fertility immediately before that. By tracking 2 key hormones, the new Clearblue test is able to typically identify 4 fertile days - 2 more than any other ovulation test.
- 3 Only Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test typically identifies 4 fertile days, 2 more than any other ovulation test, helping a woman and her partner to be spontaneous, stay relaxed, and enjoy her 'smiley face' days.