There are only a few days during each menstrual cycle when you can become pregnant – the day of ovulation and the days leading up to it. As many as one in two couples may be trying to conceive at the wrong time, because they don’t know when these most fertile days are1.
- 1. Johnson SR., et al. Hum. Repro. (2011) 26: i236.
- 2. Tiplady S., et al. Human Reproduction (2013) 28(1): 138-151. 210 women. Not statistically significant for conception rates.
- 3. Zinaman M., et al. Current Medical Research and Opinion. (2012) 28: 1–6.
- 4. Creinin MD., et al. Contraception (2004) 70:289-92.
- 5. 1. Ellis JE., et al. Human Reproduction (2011) 26: i76
What are the chances of getting pregnant during the fertile days?
The chances of getting pregnant will vary cycle to cycle and woman to woman and will be dependent on many variables such as the woman's age, her partner's age, their general state of health and...
What are the differences between ovulation and fertile days?
'Ovulation' is the process of an egg being released from an ovary within the woman's reproductive system and this happens 12-16 days before the next period starts. A woman is at her most fertile on...
When is the best time to get pregnant ?
There are only a few days (typically 6) each cycle when you can get pregnant. So knowing when these days are in your cycle is key if you are trying for a baby.