So Accurate - Also Tells you How Far Along you are (1-2, 2-3, 3+ weeks since conception)
The Clearblue Advanced Digital Pregnancy Test is the first and only test that is as accurate as an ultrasound scan at dating pregnancy**. Its Smart Dual Sensor ™ not only tells you in words if you're 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant', also tells you how far along you are.
So Accurate... Tells you How Many Weeks
It's like 2 tests in 1 - it first detects if the pregnancy hormone is present with over 99% accuracy from the day your period is due, and if you are pregnant, it ALSO indicates how many weeks since conception occurred 1-2, 2-3 or more than 3 weeks (3+). The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate in detecting when you conceived.
Test up to 4 Days Early
So sensitive you can test up to 4 days before your period is due*.
Unmistakably Clear Digital Results
Within 3 minutes your 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant' result in words will appear on the screen. If the result is 'Pregnant' the test will also indicate time since conception occurred ( 1-2, 2-3 or 3+ weeks).
How to use Clearblue ADVANCED DIGITAL Pregnancy Test
Please always read the instruction leaflet carefully before doing a Clearblue Advanced Digital Pregnancy Test.
If you're testing from the day your period is due, you can test at any time of the day to find out if you're pregnant. If you're testing early, and for an accurate Weeks Indicator result, you must use the first urine of the day. Avoid drinking too much liquid before your do the digital pregnancy test.
When ready to test, remove the test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the test straightaway.
Simply place just the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. Take care not to get the rest of the digital pregnancy test stick wet.
Or you can instead collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container. Place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in the urine for 20 seconds only.
- You may wish to replace the cap and lay the digital pregnancy test stick flat.
- Keep the tip pointing downwards or lay the digital pregnancy test stick flat while you wait for the result.
Throughout testing never hold the test stick with the absorbent tip pointing upwards.
After doing the Clearblue Advanced Digital Pregnancy Test an Hour Glass 'wait' symbol will flash to show that the test is working. When the Wait symbol stops flashing your result will appear.
- Within 3 minutes, your final result will be displayed
- It is possible for a 'Pregnant' result to appear before the Weeks Indicator result. Continue to wait until the Hour Glass stops flashing to see your Weeks Indicator result.
- Your result will remain on the display for approximately 24 hours.
How to interpret the results Results Time since conception How your doctor will date your pregnancy (based on a 28 day cycle) Your result is Not Pregnant - Your result is Pregnant
and you conceived approximately 1-2 weeks ago.
3-4 weeks Your result is Pregnant
and you conceived approximately 2-3 weeks ago.
4-5 weeks Your result is Pregnant
and you conceived more than 3 weeks ago.
What do other people think?
"I’m very happy with the product – wouldn’t choose any other test on the market. I love the weeks indicator on the test. It was the most exciting feeling when I saw 3+ weeks!"
Frequently asked questions
1. How accurate is the Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator in detecting pregnancy?
It is more than 99% accurate in detecting whether or not you are pregnant, when used the day your period is due. If you test before your period is due and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, there is still a chance you may be pregnant. See below.
Clearblue recommend that you test from the day your period is due. However, the pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue Digital can be used to test up to 4 days before your period is due. In clinical testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue Digital gave the following results:
Number of days before the period is due
% of samples from pregnant
women giving a 'Pregnant' result
To work out when your period is due, calculate your usual cycle length by counting the number of days from the first day of your period until the day before your next period starts.
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due we recommend testing not less than 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate in telling when you conceived when compared to time since ovulation. A published study comparing dating by Weeks Indicator with ultrasound (11-13 weeks) standard of care found that results agreed 97% of the time*.
*Larson et al. (2013)
4. The Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator says I’m pregnant, but I don’t think I conceived when the Weeks Indicator says I did. Is this possible?
The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate when you test with your first urine of the day. Some medication or medical conditions may affect the result. See following question.
Always read manufacturer's instructions for any medication you are taking before doing a test.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results (these fertility drugs are usually given by injection, and testing too soon after administration may give a false 'Pregnant' result).
- Other fertility therapies (such as clomiphene citrate), painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. contraceptive pill) should not affect the result.
- If you have recently stopped using hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like clomiphene citrate, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
If you do get unexpected results you should discuss them with your doctor.
6. I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
Whilst the test is over 99% accurate at detecting the pregnancy hormone from the day the period is due, it’s possible to get a pregnant result and find out later that you’re not pregnant (i.e., you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This may be due to natural loss during the early stages of pregnancy, known as ‘early pregnancy loss’, which sadly is not uncommon, as around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in early pregnancy loss. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
7. My Clearblue DIGITAL Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator says I’m not pregnant. What should I do?
You may not be pregnant, or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day your period was due.
- If you tested early, test again when your period is due.
- If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days time. If this test gives you a 'Not Pregnant' result and you still have not had your period, see your doctor.
If your test says you are pregnant you should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.